Dermal fillers restore volume and fullness to the skin and correct mild to moderate facial wrinkles and folds. They are also a very effective way to augment or define the lips. The procedure is simple and convenient, and results are practically instantaneous. Our practice offers Perlane®, BELOTERO BALANCE®, Sculptra®, RADIESSE®, Restylane®, JUVÉDERM® and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC for women and men from Woodstock, Canton, and Acworth, GA and throughout metro Atlanta.
Call us today at (770) 421-1242 to get answers to any of your questions about dermal fillers. You can also request a consultation online to meet with one of our surgeons in person.
Your Procedure: Just the Facts
While each dermal filler product has its own unique properties, the information below can give you a general idea of why and how fillers are used.
- Fillers minimize common signs of aging and deliver an immediate result.
- For most hyaluronic acid fillers, allergy testing is not required.
- Dermal fillers can last anywhere from 6 months to a year or more depending on the product.
- Treatments are typically scheduled twice a year for maximum effect. Having a touch-up before the product has fully dissipated may enhance the lasting effect.
Injectable fillers cannot treat every type of wrinkle. For dynamic wrinkles, or those caused by frequent muscle contractions around the eyes and brow, BOTOX® Cosmetic may also be beneficial.
Dermal Fillers that Flatter You
There are many types of dermal fillers available. During your consultation, you will be advised as to which product is right for your particular concern.
- Restylane: Restylane is a cosmetic dermal filler made of non-animal-based hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that already exists in the human body. Restylane maintains its shape using the body's own moisture that is similar to your own collagen.
- RADIESSE: Developed with safety and longevity in mind, RADIESSE is a new generation of injectable filler that offers superior versatility. What sets RADIESSE apart from other dermal fillers is its long-lasting benefits. The longevity of RADIESSE averages 11 months in the smile lines and approximately 1 year to 18 months in the nasolabial (cheek) folds.
- BELOTERO BALANCE: BELOTERO can be particularly effective in smoothing delicate frown lines and smile lines, as well as the fine creases that develop at the corners of the eyes and above and below the lips. It can also help correct certain kinds of shallow scars.
- Sculptra: Sculptra and Restylane SubQ are other injectable materials that can be used for soft-tissue augmentation. This adds volume to facial areas such as cheeks, depressions under the eyes, and the chin area. Sculptra initiates an expansion of the body's own collagen, resulting in long-lasting, natural-looking results.
- JUVÉDERM: JUVÉDERM is a popular filler material made of hyaluronic acid with more crosslinks that can help it last longer. It is used for smoothing wrinkles and sculpting lips. Results can last 6 months to a year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC: JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC, also know simply as VOLUMA, is the only filler designed to restore volume specifically to the cheeks. The injectable gel produces nearly instant improvement to flat and sunken cheeks, and results can last up to 2 years.
- Perlane: Perlane is another hyaluronic acid filler that is popular for reducing the look of nasolabial folds (wrinkles that stretch from the nose to the corners of the mouth). The Perlane gel molecules are thicker than other hyaluronic acid fillers and the product is injected on a deeper level. This makes it a great option for deep wrinkle correction, lip enhancement, and chin or cheek augmentation.
- Autologous fat: Fat injections, technically called fat grafting or fat transfer, is another option for our Atlanta-area patients. With this procedure, your doctor can use your unwanted fat to add volume and fullness to wrinkles and sunken areas.
How to Visit Us in Marietta
Because of our top-notch patient care and beautiful results, Plastic Surgery Center of the South has built a strong reputation in the region. If you are interested in visiting our Marietta practice from a nearby community, choose your area below to get easy-to-follow driving directions.