Fall Into Our Autumn Specials
Fall is the perfect time to turn over a new leaf. Here’s what you can look forward to in the coming months:
1. Scare Away Signs of Aging With Our October Specials
Aging can be a scary thing, but not if you take advantage of our October special. You’ll receive 20% off all injectable fillers, including RADIESSE®, Restylane®, Perlane®, and JUVÉDERM® for the month of October.
Plus you are invited to come join us at our “Boo”tox Party on Oct. 22 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. where you will get BOTOX® Cosmetic for only $235/area. Call us at (770) 421-1242 to RSVP.
2. The Breasts and Body You’ve Always Wanted
Nov. 1 through Nov. 30, you can get the breast augmentation procedure you’ve been wanting for $3,700. Call our office to learn more about this deal.
Take advantage of our December liposuction deal at $600 to $800 per area. Call our office to learn more, but don’t wait — this offer expires
Clean Up With Our Monthly Skincare Specials
October: Bikini laser hair removal is priced at $350 for 6 treatments (regularly $650), and our Brazilian is $500 for 6 treatments (regularly $700).
November: Affirm™ skin tightening treatments are available at 10% off for the face or neck, and longer lashes are within reach with LATISSE® eyelash enhancer at $115 for 3 ml and $160 for 5 ml. You can also say hello to a trimmer body with our CoolSculpting® deal. A small area is $500, and a large area is $900.
December: Enjoy a fresh complexion just in time for the holidays. Get 6 rejuvenating facial treatments, including a microdermabrasion and a light chemical peel, for $550 (regularly $750), or take advantage of our CoolSculpting® deal at $500 for a small area, or $900 for a larger area.
Think Pink: October Is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The plastic surgeons at our Atlanta-area practice have a special perspective on breasts, and this month, we want you to think about them, too. October has arrived with an explosion of fall colors, but one color you won’t find in the trees is meant to get your attention. Pink is everywhere to remind you to pay particular attention to your breast health. Although no one knows exactly what triggers breast cells to grow abnormally, we do know that all women are at risk for developing breast cancer, and 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with it during their lifetime. To keep your breasts healthy, it’s important to schedule regular mammograms to screen for any abnormalities and to perform monthly self-checks to catch any changes in your breasts. Here are some other things you should be aware of about breast cancer:
- Know the risk factors. Certain lifestyle or genetic factors can increase the likelihood of breast cancer. A few of these factors are menstruation at an early age, family history, alcohol consumption, and taking hormones.
- Know the signs. You probably already know that if you discover any lumps or hardening of the breasts, you need to see your physician immediately, but many women are unaware that any changes in the nipple including pain, swelling, or discharge can also be signs.
- Know prevention techniques. Although you can’t change genetic factors, making lifestyle changes can have a positive effect on your health. Maintain a healthy weight, exercise, and avoid or limit your consumption of alcohol and fat.
Think pink this October — schedule an appointment for a mammogram and make a commitment to yourself to perform monthly self-checks on your breasts.
At Plastic Surgery Center of the South, we support breast cancer awareness all year long. To learn more about how you can help out with the cause, or to learn about breast reconstruction, call our office at
(770) 421-1242 or request a consultation online.
Gift Yourself in Time for the Holidays
Everyone wants to look good for the holidays, but with so many activities and so little time, it’s often one of the items pushed to the bottom of the list. Now that the temperatures in Atlanta have cooled, breast augmentation could be just the procedure to get you ready for the holidays.
Breast augmentation has long been a top procedure. With a variety of implant choices, you can achieve natural, realistic results while increasing your size. Breast augmentation can help give you larger, fuller breasts, add volume and symmetry, and help with sagging. If you’re wondering how you could fit breast augmentation into an already busy schedule, read on about the process:
- Consultation: At your consultation, your surgeon will help you choose the size and type of implant that is best for you and create a surgical plan to help you achieve your personal goals in a timely manner.
- Procedure: Your surgeon will have you decide between the various incisions and placements available. The procedure lasts an average of 1 to 2 hours.
- Recovery: Although everyone heals at their own rate, the general guidelines are fairly standard. In the days after surgery, you’ll have some discomfort and swelling, but you should be able to return to a non-strenuous job within a week. You’ll be limited to certain activities during the first 3 to 4 weeks, and you can expect to return to your regular routine and activities by the 6-week mark.
If you’ve been thinking about breast augmentation, fall is the perfect time to treat yourself. Cooler temperatures and cozy sweaters give you the privacy to heal unnoticed. By the end of 6 weeks, you’ll be back to your normal routine and ready to don that strapless dress you’ve had your eye on just in time for New Year’s Eve.
To learn more about breast augmentation, call our office at
(770) 421-1242, or request a consultation to set up an appointment with one of our surgeons.
Keep Your Skin Radiant All Year Long
A good skincare regimen can help you maintain a younger appearance, but the right routine is also essential in preparing your skin for any type of facial procedure. Aging and environmental factors are the reasons many women are interested in facial rejuvenation or a surgical procedure such as a facelift. In Atlanta, where hot sun and pollution can take a toll on the skin, we hear these concerns from a lot of patients. Good skin, however, comes about from a number of factors, and having a good regimen that addresses your particular needs and skin type is essential.
The skin is the largest organ of the body. It’s what people first notice when they see you, so it’s important to have good habits and the right products to make the best impression. Here’s how a personalized skincare regimen can keep your skin radiant:
- Appearance: Dead skin makes skin appear dull and lackluster, and because dead skin is dry, it’s also a sign that your skin is dehydrated. The right skincare products can slough away dead, dull skin, nourish the underlying skin, and increase cell turnover — all keys for having a better complexion.
- Texture: Makeup can only go so far and even the best products won’t make skin look good if it’s unhealthy. Dry skin is often mottled with noticeable pores. Professional skincare products often contain tretinoin and exfoliating agents to help even out skin texture and diminish uneven tone.
- Health: You’re only as healthy as your skin. If you have poor skincare habits, it could lead to problems with psoriasis and acne, and even rashes and sores. Additionally, when your skin is unhealthy, you’re more prone to scarring. A good skincare regimen will balance your skin and prevent bacteria and dirt that can clog pores and result in acne — or worse.
If you’re interested in developing a personal skincare plan, call our office at (770) 421-1242 to schedule a complimentary appointment with our esthetician, or check out our skin care products.
Latest News From Our Practice
Our very own Dr. Anthony Musarra recently participated in his annual Pink Ribbon Golf Tournament on Oct. 7. At this special Breast Cancer Awareness Month event, participants try to “out-drive the doc.” Dr. Musarra has been involved in this event for several years, and it is very close to his heart. He was proud to represent our practice again for this worthy cause.
In other news, we are so happy with our newly designed website. We modernized and reorganized with our patients in mind. If you haven’t had the opportunity yet, please check it out!
Leave a Reply