Women still outnumber men when it comes to having plastic surgery procedures, but men are catching onto the idea that it’s OK to be proactive about improving your appearance. That’s why we’re passionate about guiding patients toward surgical and nonsurgical rejuvenation options that help everyone look and feel more comfortable and confident in their skin.
Ladies, we encourage you to keep reading, but this post is geared toward helping your favorite guys recognize the benefits of plastic surgery for men. We will also explore which procedures are aimed at enhancing the male face and physique. Let’s dive in!
Benefits of Male Plastic Surgery
Fortunately, societal taboos have been lifted for men interested in undergoing plastic surgery. Men who previously worried about appearing vain now increasingly understand the ROI they will achieve by enhancing their appearance with a cosmetic procedure. Some key benefits of plastic surgery for men include:
- Improved self-confidence—both socially and professionally
- Removal of excess skin and fat—helps you appear more physically fit
- Facial and body sculpting—contributes to a more masculine appearance
- Smoothing of wrinkles and lines—gives you a more youthful, rejuvenated look
One study even found that other people rate men who’ve had plastic surgery to be more likeable, masculine, socially adept, trustworthy, and attractive.
Facial Rejuvenation For Men
Surgical and nonsurgical facial rejuvenation can help restore and revive aging male skin. The following cosmetic procedures are popular among men who want to enhance their facial appearance and make a better first (and lasting) impression:
- Facelift surgery: Removes excess skin and tightens sagging tissue in the lower two-thirds of the face, firming the jawline and easing wrinkles and folds around the mouth and lower cheeks.
- Neck lift: Smooths and tightens the neck via removal of unwanted fat.
- Lower and upper eyelid surgery: Corrects droopy skin over the eyelids and loose skin and bags under the eyes.
- Forehead/brow lift: Softens wrinkles and deep creases in the upper portion of the face.
- Rhinoplasty: Improves facial symmetry and appearance.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Treats damaged skin layer by layer using a minimally invasive approach.
- Injectable treatments: BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers sculpt the jawline and smooth and plump the face with less downtime than surgical techniques.
Body Contouring For Men
While women tend to struggle more than men with cellulite and unwanted pockets of fat, many men suffer the battle of the bulge as they age and long for a lean, taut six-pack. That’s where body contouring comes in. These procedures help men target “problem areas” and sculpt their physiques in a way that no number of crunches can accomplish! We may recommend combining body contouring procedures such as liposuction, a tummy tuck, or CoolSculpting® for enhanced results. Learn more below:
- Liposuction: A surgical procedure, liposuction suctions out unwanted fat—typically from the abdomen, hips, flanks, thighs, and buttocks—to help smooth and contour the physique.
- Tummy tuck: Incisions are made to remove excess skin and fat and restore weakened abdominal muscles. While it’s not a substitute for weight loss, it can help smooth and sculpt your midsection. This article explains why a tummy tuck for men can be so beneficial.
- CoolSculpting: A nonsurgical fat reduction technique, CoolSculpting freezes and destroys fat cells without harming surrounding tissues or requiring downtime.
- Post weight loss surgery: If you’ve lost a significant amount of weight through lifestyle changes or bariatric surgery—but you’re left with excess skin—we can give you a body lift that complements your lighter, new physique.
- Male breast reduction: Reducing excess male breast tissue, whether with surgical excision or liposuction, helps those with gynecomastia achieve a firmer, more masculine upper body.
Selecting the Right Plastic Surgeon
Choosing a capable board-certified surgeon to guide you through your plastic surgery procedure and recovery is critical. Not only should they be well-qualified, but you should feel comfortable thoroughly discussing your concerns and goals. It is appropriate to inquire about the surgeon’s experience performing male versus female plastic surgery procedures and request to view before-and-after photos featuring actual patient results.
This distinction is important because women and men often seek different outcomes for plastic surgery procedures. Men usually prefer sharper, broader contours, while women prefer a softer, more feminine aesthetic. Your plastic surgeon should have a proven track record in delivering exceptional results for a diverse population of patients. Plastic Surgery Center of the South treats many male patients—and we’re passionate about delivering results that enhance the masculine aesthetic.
Arrange a Consultation
Guys, we hope you’re fully convinced that plastic surgery isn’t just for women. You, too, deserve to boost your self-confidence by investing in your appearance. If you’re ready to explore your options, we encourage you to request a consultation or call our office at (770) 421-1242 to schedule an appointment.